Thursday, January 5, 2012

happy new year

286. remembering what God did for you through 2011

Vacation to Oregon was lovely (as it always is), but I have to say it was a blessing to be back at our church on sunday at the Austin Stone! Our sermon reminded me of waht God did for us the last year.

We started 2011 on a bad, well not so great.....no it was bad note! Our 3 month old baby was very sick and when I took her to the doc I was sent to the ER immediately because she was having trouble breathing and was dehydrated. We spent 5 days in the Dell Children's Hospital
287. Dell Children's Hospital

Our good friends took Tanner and we stayed in the hospital watching our poor baby try to get better. She had RSV--no cure, just waiting.

This pic was when she was getting better and would actually take a little milk. She was hooked up to IV's and Oxygen. One night they told us they might move her to ICU, that was about where I was starting to lose it. Up to that point I just kept waiting, but then I was a little more than worried. I hated to see her in her hospital bed and feel like there was nothing i could do to make her better or help her.

Good thing God is in control and reminded me shortly after my worry that she was in His hands. I hated that all she had was a diaper on though, eventually they gave her big socks for her feet and of course she had a blanket, but I still just didn't like it.

 our bed, thankful to be able to stay in her room with her!



 getting better......

wanting to comfort our precious girl!


 feeling better, but not that better dad come on
 Iv out yay
 what just happened????
 288.worn out and happy to be rid of all those tubes and finally have some jammies on :)
its been a year since all this and now:




oh my gosh I am filled with gratitude for a loving heavenly Father who gave us a beautiful gift (2 beautiful gifts) and both are healthy and sweet and smart and that is what God did for us in 2011.....among many other things!

Take a moment to reflect on what God did for you in 2011 and remember that nothing happens to you, if you are in Christ, God allows things to happen for you Romans 8:28 "All things work together for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose"

No comments:

Post a Comment