Friday, January 20, 2012

learning, never stop...

324. learning, about anything really, i very much enjoy learning, but especially about my Lord, Jesus Christ

I love to talk with people about all things, from the vague to the personal, but more than anything else my heart smiles most when I get to share or have someone share God, in story, testimony, plans, etc.

Park days are great because I get to hear from others, what God does for them, what they want to do for Him, and of course I get to share. One of my favorite park friends, G, told me a lot of things, but got me thinking and I really feel and know for us anyway-that God is calling us to be on mission including our kids. I am a practical person so I need to have examples and see how others are doing it to see if it would work for us. The Texas Baptist Children's Home responded to my volunteer inquiry and gave me an example, she said the best way to serve their when you have little kids, is to make treats or prepare healthy snacks and bring them in to the home for the various cottages there. Not only do the kids get to have fun in the kitchen with their mom and eat a few treats themselves, they get to give them to others who have less and be part of serving God's other children. I love this idea.

then we were driving to CVS last night for this weeks deal and we went by a Care Center, I wondered if that was an old folks home, then I remembered a while back that I had thought of what a great idea it would be for the kids and I and hopefully other people will want to join-to bring them cards, pictures, treats, whatever they let us bring. I love having asked how I can include our kids in mission and getting 2 answers for what we could do---for now it may be simple, but its doing and as they get older we can expand on what we do....

325. being excited to serve others
326. meeting new people
327. telling Tanner he gets to take a cooking class and him getting pretty excited!
328. ideas--seriously imagine not having any ideas,
329. feeling a little more confident about having to teach a class after registering today :)
330. G's blog--great info, great videos--you are never too old or too young to serve and be on mission
        Proof---an old woman lived in a brothel in India just to show love to the enslaved women there
        and teach them about God by studying the Bible and teach them to read and write and do math.
        More proof---what can a baby do? Babies bring joy to people, think of someone you safely
       visit with your baby and put a smile on their face (ex. an elderly neighbor with no grandkids)

**sorry no photos today

No comments:

Post a Comment