Monday, January 9, 2012

God is moving

289. recocilliation
290. My dad praying over dinner---this is a huge huge gift, for those who don't know my dad well, we didn't grow up in church, praying together, or anything like that--we simply believed there was a God. This is so awesome to see God working on his heart, holding hands and leading prayer with my mom and sister!
291. my sister's faith growing leaps and bounds daily!
292. Fil being such an awesome Godly man and amazing influence in the Van Etten and Pierce homes!
293. my hubby stepping up to lead at missional community group
294. actively chosing to be on mission, not just with words, but with homework to back it up
295. crying (or trying really really hard not to cry) with friends
296. being inspired and challened by great friends (G  that is you!) I can never truly explain to you what you do for me with words, but thank you from the bottom of my heart!
297. friends who encourage you to do somethign you are afraid to do (M that is you)
298. freinds who call to check on you and pray for you, making time just for me (thanks to B and G.B.)
299. being encouraged to read and pray with intention every day--and finding a way to make time even when you get up early to do it and your baby wakes up right as you grab the Book!
300. walking into my daughters room to see whats going on with her and daddy to find them both sleeping on the guest bed cuddled together--so precious--too bad it was too dark for a picture!

We don't know what is going to happen next--not an easy concept for someone like me who just thrives on planning, but i know that no matter what God is in control and so long as we seek His widom and clarity and His will above all else, it will all work out! The tough part is just in the waiting and not knowing. We are unsure if we are going to move to base and which one it will be or if God will shut those doors to keep us in Texas to finish our time in the Marine Corps---regardless God will have His will and i am just so thankful for where we are right now. I am so proud of my husband's leadership skills and for what we are doing as a family and as a community and i can't wait to see what all God has in store for 2012---one thing is for sure, He is moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment