Monday, October 17, 2011

stuff

198. Gretchen, Not sure if I have listed her as a gift yet, but she very much is to me, she speaks wisdom and Biblical truths and loves like Christ, I am inspired by her and very thankful for the blessing that is her friendship! Thanks G

We had a group meeting yesterday and it was a little uncomfortable if I am being honest, the kids were kinda extra crazy--maybe they picked up on the tension with the adults, it was palpable. We discussed the scripture on storing your treasure in heaven rather than here on earth and there was discussion about giving away stuff verses getting stuff and justifying having stuff, etc. There was discussion about how we can't judge the heart of a person because of their stuff, which is true, but I think that if we could share more of what we are blessed with there would be less people going hungry, homeless, etc.

I wish that I was better at recalling scripture to join in the dicussion more actively. I am encouraged by the strength of G to speak her heart and mind.

Great day at church though earlier that day, convicting for sure, about loving others like God the Father loves God the Son (Jesus) as well as God the Holy Spirit--the relationship between the members of the trinity is one of complete selfless love-putting the other above self. What does that look like in your relationships, your relationship to God, to your spouse, your kids, friends, neighbors, strangers....Do you love with the expectation of getting love, of your love being appreciated, or do you do it regardless of how it is received or if it is recipricated? I know that for me personally I have relationships that are not selfless, they have expectations tied to my love and it was a great reminder of the error of my ways, thanks God for the gentle spanking :)

199. Gentle reminders from God
200. feeling convicted, yet encouraged at the same time

201. The ones I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment