Friday, October 28, 2011

out of commission....

209. helpful sister who watched our kids while i took the hubs to get his vascectomy, not easy with a son who bumps heads with his aunti

Let me back up, last night my sister and I went to the ceramic lodge for ladies night, we picked up appetizers before of chips and ranch dip and chips and salsa. We were the only ones who showed up, but it was nice to paint coffee cups wtih her :)

Now to today.....I woke up feeling pretty icky, my tummy was very unsettled, I went to the bathroom and thought it would be the end of it and instead have spent the entire day feeling icky and not eating much--so this would not be as big of a deal for mom to be out of commission when dad is home, but dad had surgery and is not allowed to do really anything so sick mom has to take care of the kids. God did bless us though with a long nap for K and a wonderfully well behaved T who watched movies while mom and dad slept in the living room, he got 4 poker chips :)

Started reading 1,000 gifts in the waiting room and almost cried right there, only read 1 chapter, but excited to keep going with it, I only had like 6 pages left of the "Hold onto your Kids" book and was worried I would read them too quickly and have to twittle my thumbs so i went on to start this one--also borrowed from my friend G-thanks G!

God has a familiar way of making me sit down and rest, the last time I did this I was sick for a day and spent the whole day in bed, and the time before that too....ok God I get it I need to stop going, going, going all the time I will try to stop and rest without having to feel sick to do so, and I won't be having that dip either at least for a very long time!

To count my blessings today:
210: long nap for K= me getting to sleep longer before having to do the mom work of dinner and bed time routine
211. awesome son that let us sleep while he watched mulan II
212. not throwing up at all
213. hubby's surgery went well
214. kids went down easy for us
215. not matter how hard a day may seem, it could be so much much much worse, I've said it before and I'll keep reminding myself (or rather God will remind me) I can walk, talk, eat, sleep, worship as I please, hear, see, smell, taste, feel, run, and so many many more things! God takes care of our every need and gives us too many wants to count!
216. saying yes to God, His way doesn't always make sense, but He knows what He is doing!

us celebrating a friends birthday, i sure do love this man!

our smart tanner man doing some work as he calls it, learning on his computer
this is robbie from our church home group, K loves him and he is one pretty cool dude


so sweet, a daddy and his little girl.....yah again I say God knows what He is doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment