Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sunburns and sunscreen

Day 3 of park adventures this week was lovely! It was such a treat to get together with 2 of my main ladies again and I had so much fun talking and soaking up the weather. I need some water sandals so I can walk up the creek behind my boy.
21. Watching Tanner trying to hang with the big boys in the creek ;)
22. Big boys looking out for the little boys-thanks Yo for being so sweet
23. Ethiopian accents
24. Encouraging moms encouraging each other and being real
25. My baby sleeping in her carrier nestled against my chest
26. Getting advice-today made use of lavender essential oil on our sunburns from monday-hope it works well
27. Encouraging texts about working out and having worked out-accountability
28.Doing dishes during American Idol (previously recorded) because I realized that I don't want to waste time while my kids are awake with my back to them at the sink

After the park, went home had lunch--need to do a better job of bringing it to the park, then tried to workout while the kids were suppossed to be napping--you'd think that all that time in the water and sun would drain them, but I guess my son comes with a backup battery and he put it to use this afternoon. Had dinner then looked up the address to the WIC office the library so I could find it before getting the groceries. Found the WIC office woo hoo tomorrow I will know where I am going, then drove for a while back the other direction and drove until there was nothing but field to hear my GPS say "you have arrived at your destination" only to realize (once home this evening) I had the wrong address for the library.
29. GPS--I am horrible with directions and maps-ask my hubs it is not my strong point.

Got home, neighbor smoking--hurry the kids inside, get groceries into house, round up the dog who has run out to use the grass (potty)--try to avoid the neighbor's smoke and conversation-affaid she will ask me to drive her somewhere, baby crying, big boy and dog underfoot, about to trip, try to feed K-wont eat so give her a bath while T plays with the dog to get his energy out. Get K dressed and try again to nurse her-won't nurse, insert binky-happy now-take binky away and insert boob--finally success, T eating his candy treat reminding me that we are suppossed to have popcorn and candy since he ate all his dinner--PB & Jam sandwich tonight (saves time and money), burp K, put her to bed, "mom can I have popcorn please?" Yes just a minute i'm sorry sweetie"--make popcorn, answer phone call and respond to texts, sit down and eat popcorn and  candy, baby cries-try to ignore, gets louder, go check on K-burp her again, insert binky, sing her her song, lay her down--litlte fussing, ahhhh and she's asleep. Back to popcorn and candy and a stinkin cute little boy, finish sharing popcorn, call daddy back, can't talk gotta give a bath. T gets in tub, wash quickly--he smells like dead fish from the creek he says, dress him, lavendar oil on his sun burns, brush teeth, tuck him in, call daddy back, can't talk gotta put away groceries, take extras out to garage fridge, let dog out to potty again, try not to let bugs in the back door, do dishes, sit down drink 2%  milk with 25% less sugar nesquick--delicious--breathe, breathe, incomming skype call, answer with video, love and miss you so much honey, blog......amazing how all day can happen and be not all that eventful, then all at once chaos

30. Being able to stay home and raise our kids--the hardest and most rewarding job that has ever exhisted!
31. Starfall website-watching T learn and be proud of himself, i'm so proud of him
32. coffee table to put feet up on, boppy on lap holding lap top
33. Reading
34. learning something new
35. new recipes-excited for brown rice and tuna casserole with tater tots :) thanks G-I may use chicken this time--plan to make it tomorrow and adding spinach to it with some pureed veggies
36.dyson vacuum-especially with a dog that sheds like crazy
37.shade
38.sunscreen-I want to have young healthy looking skin as long as possible-I'm pale and proud I always say
39. The direction our missional community is taking--the possibilities it is creating for our family
40. boys making fishing poles out of what the find amongst trails--handy creativity



41. Faces too cute not to post
42.Family visiting--especially when its mom and dad ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment