Friday, March 25, 2011

Keeping busy like a bee

This has been a great week and I love looking forward to having things to do, in fact that is

43, Having things to look forward to

Today I am little happy to not have to go somewhere though, as much as I love to go places, it is nice that today will be a regular scheduled day with the kids having their regular nap times!

44. Naps-both my kids naps as well as when i get one of my own.

Yesterday I tried G's recipe for a new casserole-I altered it a bit for my own ways, but it was amazing!

45. Chicken or Tuna and rice and tots casserole.

Chicken and Rice topped with Tots casserole
Cook brown rice using chicken bouillion, garlic poder, italian seasoning, pepper, onion powder, whatever seasoing you like. Cook chicken seasoned with the same seasonings (use salt instead of chicken bouillion) in a pan that is oven safe to save on dishes.
Once the chicken is cooked add cream of musroom soup (I used 2 cans though 1 would suffice-I like mine extra creamy), more seasoning, I added a package of frozen chopped spinach (thawed first).
Add in the rice once it is cooked, stir to combine, top with cheese. Pour on frozen tater tots then top those with cheese too and bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. To give an extra little crisp I turned the broiler on for about 3 minutes at the end. It was amazingly delicious and overall pretty nutritious. I served mine with green beans and it was yummy! Next time I will try it with tuna

46. Adding veggies to my casseroles to bulk up the meal and amp up the nutrition value
47. Music-especially christian rock and country,
48. Being able to clean my house without help all by myself.

Last night when I put the kids to bed I started right in on cleaning the bathrooms and then made my way to the floors which were disgusting thanks to my messy toddler and shedding dog. My baby is about to start crawling so it was very needed!

49. Big brother singing to little sister
50. Talking to my mom most every day
51. Waking up to a clean house.
52. Bible study-the fact that I can read the Bible, that no one tells me not to.
53. Food-I love to eat, I love to cook, food is unfortunately for me not a great relationship I live to eat instead of eat to live, but none the less it is a gift and i love it!!!!
54. Scrapbooking

One week left until my wonderful hubby comes home and we all can't wait

55. Having an amazing hubby that would rather be home with me and our kids than anywhere else in the world-the agape love we share and how good it feels knowing he misses me as much as i miss him!

No comments:

Post a Comment