Saturday, March 26, 2011

spontaneity....need i say more....

Friday night I decided to take the kids to the park after dinner, just the 3 of us and by park I mean Pfluger park (my favorite park now). It was so nice out, plenty of shade, water temp cool but not too cold, plenty of God's wonders to observe.
56. being spontaneous when you are such a planned control freak!
57. Having kids too young to care about how unkempt i look at the park-i had worked out and not yet showered because i planned to go nowhere and shower that night so it could be longer than 4 minutes and i could shave my legs....
58. creeks that we can walk in together
59. shade from trees
60. Little fish that are super exciting to little guys

I rolled up my pants and walked up the trail by the creek following Tanner, noticing birds, squirrels, and air planes over head. We decide to cross the creek so out we go, ahh its refreshing, beautiful tree cover over head providing much needed shade for this lady (I hate the heat here it makes me cranky). We spot some fish and try to take pictures, I decide to let little miss put her feet in since we are headed home for a bath right after the park (she sucks on her toes so really only a pre-bath time activity for her). she loves it, she doesn't have shoes on so she feels the slimy bumpy creek bottom and appears to enjoy it all, watchign her brother excitedly point out fish and walk around in the shaded creek. I take off my ergo carrier and my keys fall into the water --oh poo I hope the car remote still works--hubby calls he is not feeling well poor thing--Tanner wants to walk back to the bridge so I put the ergo back on and we head back. A man was cleaning a fish, we thought he caught it in the creek, it was a huge one. He said there are even bigger bass in the deeper water. We get back to the bridge and decide to go to the other water, instead I see the man who was cleaning the fish up at the picnic tables and I decide to ask if I can take a picture of his fish (I wanted to ask to take one when I first saw it, but too chicken to come across like a freak with a camera) he says sure, but is making a fire so i wait and tanner makes a new friend, his friend also becomes tanner's friend and we chat a bit, to find out they have kids here at the park too and wives and one man is turkish and the other russian---meet the wives, very sweet-both pregnant-both love my carrier and want to know where to get one (ergo baby carriers are amazing and are made to be ergonomically correct for the baby-no pressure on their spine, etc. and can be used for up to 45lbs--no that is not a typo and yes i can put my 4 year old in it on my back and ride a bike, well worth the money for the ergo carrier)

It is so nice to have a great park so close to home that we can just head out after dinner, cant wait to take daddy and bring some fishing poles for them to catch some big bass! I took pictures, but havn't uploaded yet so will add once I do
Pic of my hubby with our son this last summer
61. Since that is a picture of it, Oregon!!!! there is no place like it that is for sure!
62. camping
63. my guys wearing ball caps
64. Beth, Gia, Gretchen, Marylee--my wonderful Texas community group friends
65. Shopping--esp. at Target, TJ Maxx, and my new love Hobby Lobby

No comments:

Post a Comment