Monday, November 14, 2011

eucharisteo

223. whilst making cookies I looked over to my left and saw my hubby and our kiddos laughing while playing on our bed--precious

224. my man is a man's man and I dig it!

225. being thankful, truly thankful for all things, yah even the bad stuff

I was reading 1,000 gifts and learning about a greek word for gratitude called eucharisteo. Charis, meaning grace (a gift). Chara meaning joy. So grace, joy, and gratitude. Think of it, your joy is dependent on your eucharisteo (thanks for your grace). This means thanks in all things, let me repeat, all things, the good, bad, and ugly....

Experience sharing time:
When I was 18, May 7th, 2003 to be exact I was in a car accident coming home from somewhere I was not even suppossed to be. I was stopped because the big truck in front of me was turning into a parking lot--the jeep came hurdling down and didn't see that I was stopped apparently and ran right into me doing 40mph. I had to call my mom and I can't even remember if she asked why I was on the road I was on---now I see the mercy and grace I was given in that even thugh I didn't deserve it---I ended up with a jacked up neck and back and my car was barely scratched. After a trip to urgent care and some muscle relaxers and pain killers, I went about my day including the senior class donkey basketball game that my granny was assisting in and I didn't want to miss. That night I went home and thanked God for what happened, it hurt and I coudn't see any good in the situation, but I thanked God for it anyway--truly thanked Him and said that I trusted it was for a reason.

I went to the chiropractor (paid for by Hugette--the old lady who hit me) and he took x-rays. I am short and because of this my hips were included in the x-ray picture. It showed that my hips were twisted-not because of the accident, but that i was born that way. My neck was basically straight-almost no curveature and my back was funky too. He told me that it was good he found it and that he could correct it.

Let me go back a minute-to the time I was maybe 5 and had started dreaming about what i wanted from life--to be a wife and mom--that was all I really knew I wanted in life to get married and have kids, whatever else we would see how the cards fell, but that i knew i wanted most in life....

back to the story--had he not seen that my hips were twisted i would likely have been able to get pregnant, but never carry a child to term- I would have miscarried because of the way i was born---now I realize that it doesn't matter what a doctor says, if God wants to make it happen, He will make it happen--look at Sarah in the Bible, or Lazzarus, etc. But isn't that just what this was? God allowed a car accident to happen so that something good could come out of it not even related to the accident. If you know me, you know I am married to an amazing Christian man who loves me more than seems possible and we have 2 beautiful healthy children. See it now, the miracle, I gave thanks for the accident and a miracle proceeded. I never even saw it as fully then as I do in this moment. Thanks preceeded my miracles.

226. miracles--named Tanner Adam and Kennadi Allynn May



wow God is good beyond true comprehension! What would life look like if we all could live in this mannor? Be thankful in all things count it all as gifts given as grace and be joyful....man do I need an attitude check....

p.s. sorry for the lengthy post today and HI FIL!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment