Friday, September 9, 2011

still good people in the world, good to see

180. good people willing to give when a crisis comes up

I decided to check free stuff on craigslist since it's been a while and saw a few ads for help for fire victims, it was nice to see, some of them would probably make me a little concerned, but either way the good intent is there and it encourages me to give more!

Having a rough day today, for some reason I can't shake an anxiousness inside me, and I am very sleepy too I keep falling asleep on the couch wihle the kids are watching TV--yes I said TV, I know I am one of those moms who lets their kids watch TV, PBS mostly, but still I was thankful to be able to play a recorded show without having to get my tired lazy butt up off the couch and half sleep while the kids watched.
181. DVR

Sister is doing okay, last 2 days were better, but today was a rough morning, and probably a big part of my anxiety, she was not really prepared for her test she had this morning, she had been studying, but I guess it was overwhelming and she didn't get to all of the menu and was pretty upset. I wish I had known last night it was going so roughly I would have helped her make flash cards with the cheap note cards I got from couponing :).....that is just how I work though, I make cards and go over them a few times then start testing myself making a pile of the ones i have down and the ones that need work and I just keep making the needs work pile smaller and smaller til I get it all. I am not self defeatist when it comes to things like that I guess, I just keep plugging away until I get it, my poor sister got overwhelmed and gave up on herself and I just wish I could've helped her prepare better. I told her to just write everything she could think of that would work and keep a positive attitude because that is what the manager told her mattered more, she is looking at today as a fail or pass day instead of as an opportunity to keep getting better and it kills me because she doesn't see half of the worth she has in her......

In other news, my hubby came home last night with what I thought was a complete hair brained idea to do the "master cleanse" where you drink a concoction all day long and nothing else for 10 days to cleanse your system of all the toxins and crap that has been piling up. First I said you are crazy unless you want me to turn into the biggest grouchy bear you have ever seen (I love food, too much in fact). Then he showed me more of it and being a health conscience person as i am (partly too why I immediate wanted to say heck no!) I decided there was value in ridding our bodies of years of built up toxins. Some do this as a diet to lose weight--sure you  may lose some weight, but once you get back on a regular eating schedule you will gain some of the weight back. I see it as an opportunity to cleanse my body, practice the Biblical practice of fasting, and focus on prayer. Also I have a bad relatioinship with food and maybe it will help me to get over some of that. I have little self control when it comes to food and use about every excuse or celebration I can to stuff myself with it. I think it would be a great activity for the hubs and I to do together to support each other (while still feeding the other people in our family). I know it will be hard for me to cook food for the kids and my sis and smell it and not eat it, but what a great practice in will power and reliance on God to help me through. So we have it planned for the end of September, I am not going to feel bad if I don't make it 10 days I am just going to aim for it and see how I do. I watched clips of people who went 18 or 21 days on it and I am just amazed! So there you have it, this is my day as it is.............
focus on things above:
such as the beauty of a forrest
Please pray for Texas to get rain and for the fires to be put out as well as the victims of the fires and help out in any little way you can, if everyone did a little it would be enough......God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment