Wednesday, May 25, 2011

blessed to bless to be blessed

yes this is another coupon story, but with a much more serious tone.....Joplin, MO was hit really hard with a tornado and it affected people in Austin who are from there. They decided to plan a trip to drive there with donated items to help out those who were affected by the tornado.

Instantly I thought of my small stock pile i have begun to work on and I knew that God has blessed me so much with this whole couponing thing that I wanted to be able to bless others in the only way other than prayer I can at this time. I showed the news feed to my son this morning and told him that we were going to bring stuff to the church after a quick walmart trip to get more stuff. He was sad for the people who lost their homes and was so happy to help out.

I went to walmart on the way and was able to get over 18 dollars worth of needed products for $0.68. While I was in the travel size aisle finiding toothpaste that would pay me .03 cents to buy I decided to check the deodorant aisle and see if I could get a good deal on any as it was a top need. A man approached me and asked if i wanted a coupon for nexcare bandaids that would make them completely free I said yes thank you so much and told him that I was shopping for the people in Joplin and that our church was collecting stuff for the people there. He then offered to get the rest of the coupons he had in his car if i would be in this aisle for a while longer and i was like oh my gosh yes that would be so great! He ended up giving me a total of 6 coupons and I was able to get 6 free boxes of bandaids. I love that he saw my coupon binder and offered me his coupons as well as where he got them and that my son witnessed all of this! T thought it was so nice of the man to give us the coupons and it sure melted my heart to see God work so many blessings through this horrible situation in Joplin. Especially watching my son carrying in a package of toilet paper almost his size and grocery bag of diapers. I am so thankful for all the many blessings from our dear Lord Jesus Christ!
104. coupons
105. nice men who share their coupons for a wonderful cause
106. a church that is really for the city
107. a son who offered his only penny to the people of Joplin
108. God opening my eyes to the things around me every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment