Friday, May 20, 2011

blog happ today

93. Blogs from people who inspire me and gently remind me of what I need reminding-Thanks G!

I started reading a chapter book to my kids--yes they are only 4 and 8 months, but Tanner seems to enjoy it and kennadi just crawls all over me while I read-thus we all enjoy :) We are reading Beverly Cleary's "Strider" Tanner likes that it is about a boy and his dog. We need to go get our library card and he wants me to read to him "Ralph S. Mouse" after this. It excites me to read these childhood favs of mine over again and share them with my kids! I now understand why my mom was so excited when i read "Jean and Johnny" by Beverly Cleary --she enjoyed it when she was a girl and so did I!

94. people who love to read, planing the seed for their children to love to read.
95. Books---so great for the imagination, vocabulary, spelling, etc. In a such a digital age it is nice to enjoy a good old fashioned book!

Daddy is coming back tonight from yet another schooling for his Marine Corps job-we cant wait to see him for a day!

Took the kids to Gilleland park today to walk the path because Pfluger Park was closed for the Pluger Park Phest that is starting today. We walked along and found a small waterfall on the creek that we had to check out, me, the kids, and our dog Hank, it was beautiful and we saw a turtle swimming off (probably heard the crazy pierce clan coming)

96. walking trails--so many in texas its awesome!
97. new perspective
98. mommies who want to stay home with their kiddos and teach them and raise them up in the Lord's ways!

It's funny that I have always considered myself a quick learner, good in school, straigh A student-things have come pretty easy to me as far as learning goes and i would count myself successful in school. How ironic it is that i feel like teaching my own would be so overwhelming and have doubt in my ability to do it right--as if it's me that is doing anything--all this time it's been God working through me and in me and i know that He will provide the knowledge, patience, etc. for me to step up to the plate and fulfill this all too important task of homeschooling our kids---I can't trust anyone else to do it and honestly I wouldn't want to let someone else do it, these are my children and my hubby and I love them more than any other person ever could-true this can create more challenge, but all the more motivation to do it right...Everything is challenging to start, to find a way that works for you, but all things that are hard to do are worth doing--I know it would be easier to send the kids off to school and have a less than adequate education in a secular system that values test scores more than anything else, and i could go off to some job and spend only a few hours each night with my kids, but why????? really why do that? Your kids are only in your home for 18 years they fly by so fast and what a special time to spend with them teaching them, loving them, sure you could fail, but that is when Christ steps in for us, we will make mistakes for sure, but I trust God will fill the gaps and man I am so thankful for that peace! Think of what kind of kids we would have if every one homeschooled? true teachers would not have a job, but think of all that tax money that could go elsewhere also and what kind of kids would turn out that are loved so much and taught God's word and ways and given quality time.....radical and crazy I know it will never happen, but I am so thankful that I will be able to do this for our kids with God's help and guidance-what a special gift for me and them! I don't know any kid that is homeschooled who wishes they weren't---just something to think about
99. homeschooling
100. trees= oxygen, shade, beauty, wood, paper, etc. the best part is you can cut one down and plant another---great sustainable resource!

No comments:

Post a Comment