Sunday, August 14, 2011

grace

162. Grace, I am so thankful for grace! grace from Jesus and grace from my kids and husband!
I fail so much with grace, with my mouth, my words are harsh and uncalled for at times and my poor family suffers for it, yet a 4 year old has the capacity to show me grace through tear stained cheeks! It really shows me how amazing the free gift of grace is! I am so impressed that I can yell at my son and be so angry and make him cry and then when i calm down apologize and he smiles at me and says "it's okay mommy I forgive you, I know its hard to be nice sometimes" yeah wow right! What a true blessing my kids are! I feel like such a bad mom in those moments, and he loves me anyway. Think of how much more Jesus loves us!

In church today we ended with a thought about how there is nothing that we can do to make God love us less, and likewise there is nothing we can do to make Him love us more, how comforting is that--not a crutch by any means, but good reminder that works don't work and the only thing we can do is try our best, when an opportunity presents itself to show grace and love, take it, seize it and show Christ's love. Unlike I did...Jesus forgive me for having a pretty sucky parent moment.

163. worshipping God with singing, tears, smiles and prayers all at once---even when its not Jimmy leading :)
164. becomming a more emotional person, unable to control the tears from flowing in a moment that calls for shedding a few
165. new friends
166. my sister's phone calls that tell me she is strong!
167. blogs about how to make the best iced coffee--a must in this hot hot state! can't wait to get the supplies and have iced coffee in the morning!
168. fat pants feeling slightly loser woo hoo
169. ice
170. my walgreens friends

Today after church we went to walgreens to get the deals of the week and we were excited to see our friend Amy, she had special stickers jsut for Tanner, she is so sweet! Tanner held her hand and walked a bit and said that he loves her, how stinkin sweet is he!
171. feeding ducks, i love to watch kids doing it as much as I love to watch the ducks try to get the bread, i always try to get my pieces to the kids, motherly instinct I guess (ironic considering my horrible actions this afternoon)

Kenni threw up this afternoon and I have no idea why, she may have choked on something I am not sure I was getting all the hair off the vacuum brushes and heard her start throwing up, anyway T was so sweet and concerned for her, until she looked like she was going to throw up on him and instead got me. poor baby!

172. watching my kiddos play

silly boys
173. boys with jeans and no shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment