Wednesday, June 22, 2011

ponderings

122. camping with awesome people
123. awesome people who help me out with all that goes with camping and kids while hubby is away training
124. swimming in an awesome swim hole, again with awesome people, you all know who you are
125. coming home to A/C
126. watching son and daughter play in little river, T trying to skip rocks and pretend swim while K chews on rocks and crawls around fearlessly
127. brief phone calls from hubby while he is training
128. hubby missing me
129. sweet wine
130. advice from amazng moms

Had an amazing time camping with 2 other families-wish the hubs could've come, but duty calls as they say...Friday night was not great, K was up a lot because she was so hot, but saturday was awesome swimming and hiking a bit, hanging out with all the kids!

131. Have to agree with G, teenagers are pretty cool!!!
132. good talks with good boys
133. my ergo baby carrier--allowing me to tote my girl all over
134. diving into cool water on a hot day
135. knowing other families who enjoy rugged camping!

Back up a bit, forgot to mention before camping, before the hubs left, dog got sprayed with skunk, had to wash him in tomato soup as I had no tomato juice (not a fan of bloody mary's) and it only partially worked-entertaining to watch dog covered in red soup lick the bottom of the shower as I scooped concentrated soup from the can. P.S. I hate the smell of skunk spray--its like the combo of dead skunk mixed with burnt rubber...it took us a while to realize the smell was coming from our dog and not some electric thing in our house--poor hubby went crazy a little trying to diagnose....

Trying to use the time while hubs is gone to do things like: read, clean, complete unfinished artsy projects, eat cheaper, etc.....now time to focus on the kiddos a bit more...tomorrow its school time and whatever else Tanner wants to do, along witha a trip to the library I belive to pick out new books and hopefully find the first mouse and the motocycle book--so we can start at the beginning and have it all make sense as to why ralph wanted to runaway.....I really need to upload pictures on my computer so i can put new ones on here too.....

136. God knows me and only gives me what I can handle--sometimes it has felt as though He must have forgot what my limit was, but no matter what He gets me thru!
137. Friends who love me as I am and don't want to change me in all my craziness and paradoxical-ness...accepting me for who I am.

A recent tiff with an old friend reiterated this little fact "love me, or leave me, but don't try to change me" I am a peculiar type of chic and dont make a whole lot of sense. I am up for digging in and getting dirty, but I hate creepy crawley critterey slithery things. I can be so girly and then so not. I don't like to cry and try to fight it as much as possibly I make awkward jokes when emotions are high and try to fix things that can't be fixed. Oh there is so much more, but its late and this bag of crazy is going to bed. Goodnight and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment