Monday, April 2, 2012

gifty gifts and missing you

354. time can be a gift, it can be slow and painful, but I'm looking at it today as a gift (easier to do when I know my man will be home tonight with a more normal routine)

Today I feel a litte uneasy for some reason. I am not quite sure what it is, except that I feel like there is so much to do and normally I just say okay lets start doing stuff and I dig in, but today is not like other days. I have definitely dug in and started, but the unease is still lingering. I went in T's room and played with him and K (pretend kitchen play) which of course turned into us searching through the 3 toy buckets in various rooms for all the kitchen stuff (a.k.a. cleaning up involved here)...played a bit then decided to put away some laundry and finally check my email. I have already worked out today and spent my wonderful time with my savior this morning, so what is it???? I thought it was that my focus was on too much of my to do's and not enough of my kids, but that didn't change it. T worked on school today, dishes done, k's high chair deep cleaned, table cleaned, deal lists printed, bed made, laundry going....

I read my email from my dear friend G, then read through her blog posts and in many ways I was encouraged and I was also brought to tears with her kind words for me, thank you my dear beautiful friend! I love and miss you so very much! Maybe that is just it, I am not a huge cryer (though that is changing as I age) and I really miss my friend as well as my family back home in Oregon. I looked at pictures from Christmas when we visited home for 8 days (not long enough for sure)....and I remembered that those are special people who make me smile and laugh and they make Oregon feel like home. I miss people I guess is what is going on. I miss my family--just being all together in the same place sipping coffee and watching tv and laughing and eating big meals together. I miss my amazing friend G, who would bring a smile to my face and heart every wednesday when i would get to see her and talk with her and be real with her. She always challenged me and edified me (loving this word lately) and her kids made me smile too!....G I miss you very much, you are a spiritual mother to me (even though you are not like a mother more of a sister) and I thank you for all that you taught and inspired me! I apprecaite the fact that you have a blog to help grow me, but it will never measure to spending time with you in person! You are a very special gift to me!

355. G's blog and friendship!
356. stepping out of my comfort zone-thanks M for inviting me to sing with you on Easter!
357. back at church this sunday and it was amazing as always!
358. milk and crackers (this time its generic club) thanks dad for sharing this snack with me and now I get to share it with my kiddos -they love it too, next its smoked oysters on saltines

359. health
360. family walks
361. looking at pictures of family!



*these are oregon pictures from 2010, but I'm feeling nostalgic and wanted to post my family and home anyway.....p.s. my hubby is an amazing rock skipper

1 comment: