Tuesday, April 24, 2012

confessions...

wow I do not like the new blogger posting part, just like the new facebook timeline, but anyway

Lately I have been struggling with judgement. yikes I know. I have been a busybody and I am in some ways ashamed to admit it, but i cant deny its truth and i am convicted so here i am repenting. I have been worrying about what other people are doing or not doing instead of just making sure I am doing what i should be doing. If I were making sure I was doing what I was doing I would never have been judging. For example there is a woman who coupons at my walgreens and she is a hoarder. I need to focus on me doing what is right and taking fair amounts and donating a lot of what I get and not worry about what she is doing. I teach this to our kids, worry about yourself make sure you are doign what you should be doing and yet I have failed to listen to my own lesson.
The good news though: my sin was nailed to the cross and I don't have to feel bad over the past sins I made because Jesus already bled for those sins and forgave me for them! I am so very thankful for my precious saviour and I am being proactive in getting out of my own way so that He can lead me and help me walk in His spirit so I don't continue to make the same mistake. The way I do this: read my Bible, focus on things above and not on the things of this world. I make a better effort to love thy neighbor and put others before myself. I can't do this on my own, but Jesus can help me to do this if I let Him. I know I will struggle with sin my whole life, but I don't have to struggle alone and I thank God for that!
I was very encouraged when i read Colossians 3 this mornign and I encourage you to all read it as well. here is a bit of scripture from it, verses 12-17:

"Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. but above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body and be thankful.. let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatever you do in word or deed do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

I was also encouraged by the last 2 sermons at church (hence my last blog) and would encourage you to listen to it, even just play it in the background while you check your email or facebook or fold clothes, it will be worth your while. here is a link  and it is the one titled gospel obedience part 2 (though again both are great and i recommend both)

http://austinstone.org/resources/sermons

No comments:

Post a Comment